Check out these barbecue safety tips for your next backyard get-together!
May is National Barbecue Month! Celebrate the occasion with backyard barbecues all month long. But, before you fire up the grill, be sure to put safety first. Check out these grilling safety tips to keep your barbecue danger-free.
- Keep your barbecue outside. When using the grill, it can generate poisonous gases such as carbon monoxide which can build up in your home. Take it outside so that any toxic gasses can dissipate.
- Establish a ten-foot perimeter. Despite keeping your barbecue outdoors, be sure to keep it at least ten feet away from your house. Keeping a distance can help to reduce your risk of house fires. Additionally, be sure to keep your grill away from anything flammable including carports, low hanging branches, and patio furniture.
- Clean the grill before and after use. As you cook, fat and grease build up which pose a risk for a grease fire. Reduce your risk by keeping your grill as grease-free as possible.
- Always keep and eye on the grill. It’s never a good idea to leave the grill unattended. It only takes a matter of seconds for your grill to go up in flames. Be sure to keep a watchful eye on the barbecue so that if things do get out of hand, you’ll be able to try to stop the fire, or call the fire department immediately.
- Leave the lid open. If you leave the lid closed when turning on a gas barbecue, the gas builds inside. When you go to light the grill, the gas builds up ignites, creating a small explosion. Be sure to avoid a mini explosion and leave the lid open.
- Keep a fire extinguisher on hand. When using a grill, there’s always a risk of starting a fire. Be sure to keep a fire extinguisher on hand and if you do encounter an issue, be sure to evacuate the area and call the fire department.
Your backyard barbecue pairs perfectly with a dip in the pool. Ensure that your pool is in great shape before you host your next get-together. For help with cleaning your pool, be sure to hire pool cleaning professionals. For all your pool services, contact the professionals at Clean & Clear Pools! Located in Danville, California, we serve the Livermore, Pleasanton, Dublin, San Ramon, Danville, and Alamo communities.
Comments are closed.