It is important to winterize your pool properly to keep it in shape for future use.
- Clean pool.
- Adjust pool water chemistry.
- Remove debris. Empty debris tray.
- Drop water level up to 12 inches below in-wall skimmer.
- Turn heater off and extinguish pilot light.
- Remove all drain plugs. If you have a heater, open the drain valve.
- While draining, remove the “eye-balls” from the return inlets and any equipment from the skimmer and store. Use a Shop-Vac to remove remaining water from lines. Install a frost plug in the line to the main drain of pool.
- Replace drain plugs in the pump housing. Loosely re-install backwash sight glass and filter plugs to continue draining.
- Install remaining frost plugs in return inlets, in bottom of the skimmer. Insert block in skimmer and skimmer mouth.
- Bring pressure valve inside for winter.
- If your pool is salt-water, you also need to clean and drain salt cell.
- Cover the pool if you own a cover.
Need more help on winterizing your pool in California, contact Clean and Clear Pools, Inc.
Comments are closed.