Are you hopping aboard a plane this summer? Perhaps you’ll be backpacking through Barcelona or hiking the Himalayas – whatever your vacation plans, you’re likely to be traveling in some way. Before you head out to the airport, there are some important safety tips to review! It may not be at the top of your list to review safety tips, but you’ll be thanking us later when your holiday travels result in a smooth journey!
Before you go:
- Research basic information about your destination
- Leave a copy of your itinerary with a trusted family member or friend
- If you’re driving, give your car a check-up and review your auto insurance
- Take a paper map with you – just in case your smartphone isn’t so smart and loses signal!
At the airport:
- Never leave your bag unattended
- Don’t accept any packages from strangers
- Report any suspicious activities
- Follow all safety and security rules
- Don’t pack or bring a lot of valuables with you, such as jewelry. If you do take valuables, ensure they are in your carry on luggage
At your destination:
- Pay attention to your surroundings!
- Avoid taking more cash, travelers’ checks, or credit cards than you need
- Don’t accept rides from strangers
- Stay in well-lit and well-travelled places
- Don’t “flash” your cash or other valuables
- Avoid looking like a typical tourist – you may be considered an easy target to rob!
From the professionals at , Clean and Clear Pools in Danville, California, we wish you happy and safe travels!
Comments are closed.