March is officially here, which means National Nutrition Month has arrived! National Nutrition Month is celebrated every March as a way to call attention to the importance of making healthy food choices and adding physical activity to your everyday life.
Keep these nutrition tips for March in mind to help celebrate National Nutrition Month and get you and your family feeling and looking your best.
- Eat the right super-foods – quinoa is a non-grain seed that is packed full of vitamins, antioxidants, minerals, and other micronutrients. Considered a “smart carb” because it is low in the glycemic index and fat, while being high in fiber and protein, it will not cause weight gain.
- Try going sugar free – try to completely cut out extra sugar in your diet. Avoid all food that contains artificial sweeteners and anything that is considered a “diet product.”
- Try something new – next time you are at the grocery store pick up something new to try. Consider picking up jackfruit, prickly pear, wheat berries, or salmon jerky.
- Try new shapes – if you have picky kids in the house, consider cutting up fruits and veggies into fun and interesting shapes. Cut peppers into stars and make cucumber ribbons using a typical veggie peeler. Also consider renaming foods, such as calling carrots X-ray vision sticks to get kids more interested.
- Consider the quantity – only buy what you know you are going to eat so that nothing goes to waste. Ask the butcher to split up a package of meat and break apart a bunch of bananas.
- Fit in exercise – try to get your heart rate up for at least 20 minutes each day. Swimming in your backyard pool is a great way to exercise while relaxing at your own home.
For all of your pool service and maintenance needs and to ensure that your pool is always ready for a few laps, contact Clean and Clear Pools in Danville, California.
Comments are closed.