The holidays are a great time for family and what better way to get together than around a table chock full of the most delicious food? We love to cook, and we’ve found some great recipes over the years. Here’s one we’d like to share with you and your family this holiday season.
Produces one nine-inch square cake
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 cup molasses
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup hot water
1) Preheat over to 350 degrees.
2) Grease and flour a 9-inch square pan.
3) Combing sugar and butter and cream them together in a large bowl. Once creamed, beat in egg and fold molasses into mixture.
4) Sift together the dry ingredients and fold into creamed mixture. Once combined, stir in hot water and pour into the square pan.
5) Bake for one hour until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan before serving.
For more information about pool cleaning services in the Livermore, Pleasanton, Dublin, San Ramon, Danville, or Alamo areas, contact Clean and Clear Pools Inc.
Comments are closed.