Keep your pool clean to reduce your risk for dangerous bacterial infections!
A warm soak in the hot tube can be a relaxing activity. Whether you choose to relax after a long day or socialize with friends, your pool and spa can be a hot spot for activity, including for bacteria. Without proper cleaning, your pool and spa can pose a risk of infection. Be especially wary of the methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) bacteria. While it won’t survive long in properly treated pools, be aware of direct and indirect contact with infected people. Make sure to routinely clean your pool and adhere to these preventative measures.
- Avoid physical contact with other swimmers, especially if they have any cuts, sores, or wounds. Infections, like MRSA, are easily transmitted through skin to skin contact.
- Sharing is not caring. Make sure to use your own items. When you share items like towels, you risk spreading bacteria to others.
- Treat your wounds properly. If you have cuts or scrapes of your own, make sure to keep them clean and bandaged. Also, avoid going into the water. When you have an open wound, it increases your chances of getting an infection.
- Practice good cleaning habits. Always keep your pool well chlorinated and frequently wipe down surfaces like handrails.
- Make sure to be wary of any cuts of sores on your body. MRSA infections are often mistaken for spider bites, but they’re usually much more dangerous. If you do notice anything unusual be sure to watch for symptoms such as fever, swollen and painful bumps, and any wound drainage.
Make sure to keep your pool clean to prevent bacterial infections. For all your pool services, contact the professionals at Clean & Clear Pools! Located in Danville, California, we serve the Livermore, Pleasanton, Dublin, San Ramon, Danville, and Alamo communities.
Comments are closed.