Grilled Mahi Mahi With Jerk Spice
Summer is the perfect time to plan a pool party with all of your friends and family and enjoy a backyard BBQ. If you are looking for a healthier option to grill up this season, keep this grilled mahi mahi with jerk spice recipe in mind that everyone is sure to love.
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- Green tops of 2 scallions, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chopped jalapeno
- 3 teaspoons sea salt
- 4 5-ounce mahi mahi fillets
- Prepare the marinade by placing the onion, thyme, allspice, scallions, cinnamon, pepper, nutmeg, olive oil, jalapeno, and sea salt in a food processor, and then process for 15 seconds. There will be extra marinade, which can be refrigerated for up to 1 week, or froze for up to 2 months.
- Season the fish fillets with salt, and spoon 2 teaspoons of the jerk marinade on each side. Place the fish on a hot grill and then turn the heat down to medium. After 2 minutes, the fish should be brown. Turn over and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes, until the fish is cooked all the way through.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
All of us at Clean and Clear Pools in Danville, California would like to encourage you to try this delicious, healthy recipe this season!
Comments are closed.