Even as summer comes to an end, the California weather still allows for plenty of time spent in the pool. Even though it may not seem like a big deal to jump into your backyard pool, it can be very dangerous if you do not take the proper precautions. Keep these pool safety tips in mind to ensure that you can safely enjoy your pool.
- Install a self-locking gate around the entire perimeter of your pool to keep people out when there is no supervision. You should also consider investing in a safety cover when your pool is not in use.
- All children should have the proper supervision at all times, even if they are strong swimmers. Young children should never be more than an arm’s reach away. Keep in mind that being in the backyard is not the same as providing supervision. There should always be at least one adult supervising the pool at all times.
- Make sure that all of your family members know how to swim as soon as possible. Swimming classes can help to keep your loved ones safe while they are in the water.
- Check the filter and filter cover before allowing anyone into the pool. A cracked filter cover can lead to serious issues if it is not dealt with right away. If you find an issue, make sure everyone stays out of the water until the problem is fixed.
- Teach your children pool rules and make sure that the rules are enforced every time they are around the water.
- When you are out by the pool bring a fully charged cell phone with you so that you can call for help as soon as possible in case of an emergency.
For help keeping your pool ready for any fun this season, contact Clean and Clear Pools in Danville, California.
Comments are closed.