Winter pool maintenance is simple and should be completed as regularly as possible. With the cooler weather threatening to hit Danville, California, it is now the perfect time to prep your pool for the winter season ahead.
While you think that maintaining your pool ends at preserving the pool chemicals and pulling the cover on every night – think again! Your pool is at risk of damage from the cooler weather and all that it brings!
Use these tips for a healthy pool all year round:
- Secure your winter pool cover. As heavy rain, snow and wind can damage your pool cover, it is important to make sure that the winter cover is in place and protecting your swimming pool.
- Remove leaves and debris from the top of your winter pool cover. Eliminating sources of debris will prevent your pool cover from being ripped, torn, or damaged during the winter months. Use leaf nets to catch any leaves that may land on top.
- Check pool water to make sure algae formation has not occurred. If you notice any algae, add a treatment to your pool water.
- Test your pool water chemistry bimonthly. Maintain your pool water’s chemistry to keep it clean and sanitary.
- Clean your pool regularly. Scrub the walls and bottom of your pool periodically to prevent algae forming.
Be sure to keep your swimming pool in great condition over the winter months to provide years of enjoyment!
Luckily, keeping your pool clean and healthy over the cooler months in Northern California is easily achievable with the services from Clean and Clear Pools. We are located in Danville, California, and ensure that your pool is kept sparkling all year long! Contact us today to get started.
Comments are closed.